Palmetto Podiatry Associates Surgery Information
Palmetto Podiatry Associates, LLC is committed to providing our patients with the best care possible. Your health and medical well-being are important to us. We will do our best to ensure you are completely satisfied with your surgical experience. Our office will schedule your surgery with the hospital/surgery center and preauthorize the procedure with your insurance company. The hospital will contact you for your preoperative interview and schedule any bloodwork or additional tests that are necessary prior to your surgery date.
Scheduling Your Surgery
Please carefully consider the date and time of your surgery. We ask that you check your schedule to be sure the date you choose is convenient for you and your family or caretaker. If you need to cancel or reschedule, please contact our office immediately.
If you need to have disability or FMLA forms completed, please allow two weeks for processing. We will contact you when the forms are ready for pick up. We are happy to fax your forms, if you provide a fax number. There is a $25 fee for completing these forms.
Handicap Parking Forms
Our office is happy to fill out the necessary forms needed to obtain a temporary handicapped parking placard. You will need to submit this to the DMV. Allow ample time, as the DMV will mail your parking placard.
A Successful Result
To allow for a successful result, it is important to follow some simple instructions:
- LIMIT standing and walking during the first 48 hours. Keep your foot raised as much as possible for the next three days.
- Use crutches, walker, surgical shoe or CAM Walker as instructed. There is no instance when you should bear weight without cast/shoe/boot. There are some procedures that will require you to be non-weight bearing on the surgical foot.
- Maintain your sterile dressing – keep it clean and dry.
- DO NOT TAKE OFF YOUR SURGICAL BANDAGE. Some spotting of blood is normal.
Please contact our office if:
- You have a fever of 101° or higher
- Your pain is not relieved by pain medication
- You have marked increase in swelling or redness
We will gladly file your surgery claim with your insurance company. If you have not met your deductible and have a balance we ask that you remit payment at your post-operative visit. If needed we will be happy to work out a payment plan. Any post- operative balances must be paid in full before discharge from our office. We appreciate your understanding of this policy.
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to participate in your medical care. We appreciate your trust and confidence and will do our best to ensure a positive experience!